It's quiz time!


I thought I'd do a quiz! Five rounds; no prizes!; answers next week.


Who am I?

All the following quotes are from very famous people.  But who?

1. "When I got outta High School I was driving a truck. I was just a poor boy from Memphis, Memphis.”


2. “There are still courses in the United States that I am not allowed to play because of the colour of my skin.”


3. "Singing in the jungle was very hot and very sticky, which was a bit hard going. I had a little piano, which they trudged around on the back of a lorry, hoping it would survive the journeys.”


4. “I am not the first woman to multi-task. I am not the first woman to work and have a baby - there are many women who have done this before.”


5. “Stalinism is linked with a cult of personality and massive violations of the law, with repression and camps. There is nothing like that in Russia and, I hope, will never again be.”


6. “I know the crew so well, so I forget I'm being filmed. It's like cooking with a friend in the kitchen - you're talking, as you do, and maybe you're telling her about this wonderful way to prepare lamb chops - it's more natural, more honest.”


7. “And I come here as a daughter, raised on the South Side of Chicago - by a father who was a blue-collar city worker and a mother who stayed at home with my brother and me.”


8. “I would say, if you come out, they can't take away how you play football. That was the thing for me: once I did come out, it's not going to affect my diving. I can still perform, no matter what anybody else thinks of me.”


9. “We wish to discuss a structure for the salt of deoxyribose nucleic acid. (D.N.A.). This structure has novel features which are of considerable biologic interest.”


10. “I tend to play characters that I can infuse with certain kinds of humour. Even the baddest guy can be funny in his own particular way. I want the audience to engage with the character on some deeper level so that they leave the cinema still thinking about him.”



Which am I?

How closely are you paying attention when you walk along the high street?  Which companies have these logos?

1.


2.

3.

4.


5.



6.



7.



8.



9.



10.





What am I?

Each question is a list of ingredients - but what am I?

(Bonus points are available if you can be specific e.g. if you think it’s ice cream (1 point) you can get another point for the flavour, and another for the brand…)


1. Tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, lime, salt


2. Apricots, sugar, concentrated lemon juice, gelling agent, fruit pectin



3. Organic milk, organic rice, organic sugar, organic cream, organic pasteurised whole egg, organic rice starch, sea salt


4. Potato, milk, cod, cream, salmon, smoked haddock, butter, fortified wheat flour, water, cheddar cheese, spinach, golden bread crumbs, free range egg yolk, salt, parsley, fish stock, lemon juice, ground white pepper


5. Beans, tomatoes, water, sugar, spirit vinegar, modified cornflour, salt, spice extracts, herb extract


6. Tomatoes, sugar, treacle, barley malt vinegar, wine vinegar, apples, sultanas, oranges, citrus fibre, salt, tamarind, lemon juice, spices


7. Rapeseed oil, water, pasteurised free range egg, spirit vinegar, salt, sugar, lemon juice concentrate, antioxidant, flavourings, paprika extract


8. White wheat flour, water, salt, yeast, rapeseed oil, sugar, improver S500, starspray; mashed tomatoes, salt, pepper, basil; milk, salt, rennet, lactic acid culture; dried oregano; black pepper; sunflower oil, extra virgin olive oil; basil


9. Maize, sugar, peanuts, barley malt flavouring, molasses, honey, salt


10. Rapeseed oil, coconut oil, tea tree infusion, fresh aloe gel, fresh parsley, fine ground oatmeal, sandalwood oil, tea tree oil, sodium chloride



When am I?

Can you identify the century in which each of the following took place?


1. Leonardo da Vinci painted The Mona Lisa


2. Construction of Salisbury Cathedral


3. Mozart wrote The Magic Flute


4. Installation of the first commercial steam engine


5. The Black Death


6. Reign of the first and only Chinese Empress


7. William Shakespeare wrote Hamlet


8. Construction of the Colosseum in Rome?


9. Completion of the human genome project


10. The first woman to qualify as a doctor in the UK


Where am I?


Can you identify the following British towns and cities?


1.


2.




3.




4.





5.




6.




7.





8.






9.





10.









OK, that's it.  I'll post the answers next week - hope you have fun!



Comments

Popular Posts